Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-08-2006, 03:06 AM   #1
wolfnightmare

please somebody knows how to get ultima 8 pagan ruuning in win98 or dos I have tried almost everything (that covers a lot) and it just make me wait for a long while to at the end tell me: abnormal program termination and rest avatar blah blah bullshit

Old 23-08-2006, 05:23 AM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

One problem with the Ultima games is that they hate ems, which you'll be using when in win98. To play Ultima 8 I had to create a boot disc with ems disabled, but since you're a lucky one, Abandonia has made one for you Try that and see if that helps. It may need a bit of configuration, but I'm sure you'll figure it out.
Old 23-08-2006, 07:30 AM   #3
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

If you don't want to go through using the boot disc, you might want to try Pentagram, which allows Ultima 8 Pagan to be run on modern operating systems.

I reccommend the boot disk though, as Pentagram is still in its early beta stages, and you might encounter problems (you can see for yourself what those problems are on the site) it's up to you to choose.

http://pentagram.sourceforge.net/index.php

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 25-08-2006, 12:48 AM   #4
Wolfnightmare

QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Aug 23 2006, 07:30 AM) [snapback]250450[/snapback]
Quote:
If you don't want to go through using the boot disc, you might want to try Pentagram, which allows Ultima 8 Pagan to be run on modern operating systems.

I reccommend the boot disk though, as Pentagram is still in its early beta stages, and you might encounter problems (you can see for yourself what those problems are on the site) it's up to you to choose.

http://pentagram.sourceforge.net/index.php
[/b]

I have done the boot disk thing....still doesn`t work :wallbash: if someone could tellme how to disable the ems i`ll be really pleased. for now guess i`ll try that pentagram. thank you a lot guys.

Old 25-08-2006, 05:25 PM   #5
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

On the boot disc, there's a sys file called config.sys. Open (don't run) the file in say, notepad, and see if you spot a line containing emm386. In front of that line, type rem. Save and reboot.
Old 26-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #6
Ulysses

Heya everyone. I've been playing Ultima 8 : PAGAN for a little while now, and I've been able to go through a few of the quest, not really far, it seems that when I arrive with Vivdos and I give him the dagger, to cast the spell, as soon as the earth starts shaking the program just freezes somehow, and it remains on that animation.
The earth just shakes, and the ghouls beside Avatar and Vivdan just chill there and don't move.
And I cannot continue, I've tried waiting 30 minutes, but the animation just keeps it like that.

Edit.

Pres F7. :P It gets thing running again.
Ulysses is offline                         Send a private message to Ulysses