Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-01-2005, 02:00 PM   #1
stratobastard

So I downloaded Ultima 8 and dosbox, unzipped it all so everything is actually on my pc, I dragged the U8 game icon to the dosbox icon, and it opened up, but it would not actually run the game, it showed the 'rest avatar...you will need it!' prompt I got when playing it on my old pc. Any ideas how to get it up and running?
stratobastard is offline                         Send a private message to stratobastard
Old 19-01-2005, 02:27 PM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

This is strange, you seems to get the message you would get by quitting the game.

There is probably something wrong with the configuration. I beleive high numbered Ultima games were always a pain to manage to run on any machine, it could actually be a lot of things...
Old 19-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #3
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I just downloaded it and tried it, and it works fine. :blink:

I emailed to Kosta DOSBox tutorial, and I believe it will take him couple days to add it (he had b-day yesterday). It should help you to run this game properly.

Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 22-01-2005, 10:42 AM   #4
stratobastard

Don't worry, it's all working now. Just need to remind myself of the various mouse commands and movements. And how to get to the goddamn plateau!
stratobastard is offline                         Send a private message to stratobastard
Old 25-01-2005, 09:14 PM   #5
Carcaroth
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to Carcaroth Send a message via AIM to Carcaroth Send a message via MSN to Carcaroth Send a message via Yahoo to Carcaroth

I am having troubles on playing Ultima 8 with DosBOX. First of all, the sound doesn't play. Nothing that I do will make the damn sound works. The other problem is that the game is really slow, and that doesn't make sense, if we have in mind that it was made to be played on X86 platforms. If somebody knows anything about these issues, please help!

~Ceramic White PSP Status~
FW: 3.72 HX-2
Carcaroth is offline                         Send a private message to Carcaroth
Old 26-01-2005, 03:57 PM   #6
stratobastard

I dunno about the sound, try re-running the install program again. I also has problems with speed, ctrl + F12 a few times fixed the problem for me, just increases the number of cpu cycles by 500 a time. I don't know precisely what effect it has but it makes the game faster.