Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-12-2007, 12:50 PM   #1
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Default on-cd game tracks

i have tried making a backup of my alien nations and the game uses mixed cds (first track: data, second-last track: soundtracks)

the alcohol made the image and i can even see the audio tracks in there (checked with ISO buster), but the game just doesn't want to play them (the game itself works correctly). while when the real CD is inserted, it plays them.

i have also checked whether it keeps track of my real cd-rom for audiotrack in registries, but no.

so, anybody ever had this problem with images which don't want to play audio parts of data cds?
Old 02-12-2007, 02:00 PM   #2
JJXB
Pi-voh

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
i have tried making a backup of my alien nations and the game uses mixed cds (first track: data, second-last track: soundtracks)

the alcohol made the image and i can even see the audio tracks in there (checked with ISO buster), but the game just doesn't want to play them (the game itself works correctly). while when the real CD is inserted, it plays them.

i have also checked whether it keeps track of my real cd-rom for audiotrack in registries, but no.

so, anybody ever had this problem with images which don't want to play audio parts of data cds?
try using something like ultraiso to rip the audiotrack wav's and data track seperately (e.g. MM2.iso, Track02.wav etc). then make a cue file which lists the first track as the iso file then the next set of tracks as the audio tracks. to create the cue file, try googling "sega cue maker" (was inteneded for sega cd images originally but it serves this purpose as well)

Last edited by JJXB; 02-12-2007 at 02:06 PM.
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 02-12-2007, 02:21 PM   #3
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

heh, thanks for the tip, but the tracks were on the image cd.

and i found solution already. seems like some old games (like alien nations) needed to read the audiotrakcs from the first cdrom drive letter. since my real drive is E and image drive F, i needed to hide my real drive or just burn it and stick in to the drive- both of those worked