Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 27-11-2004, 07:54 AM   #1
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

Here are the rules:what's your age, what do you liked in your life,what do you regret.

Here I go:im 13

I likedlaying 6 years piano (was very good )
knowing plenty of things on the computers (for my age)
learning 2 languages(french and english and spoked russian and czech too)
Learning to drive a car :blink: ( oh yes I can)
not being an idiot who don't understand nothin att school
visiting some euro countries
AND OF COURSE MY CHANCE(i always get into the wildest class )

I regret:Coming to Belgium and rulling my education

I dont whant that this will sound like telling u how great I am.Just tell me the same thing but for you k:
Old 27-11-2004, 08:02 AM   #2
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I'm 26 now.
What I liked in my life:
- My student years ( in general) :Brain:
- Getting around and making friends (I've seen quite a bit of the world)
- Having a high IQ and a good memory (helped me out so far - never lost time studying - just ended up knowing things)
- Making movies (they're bad quality due to the equipment - but they are fun)
- Keeping things from the past (I had to throw many things away - but the ones I was able to save are real gems - to me at least)
- Last but not least - MEETING RAINWIFE!!!

Things I disliked:
I generally want to forget about the bad things - yet there are some regrets:
- I really neglected a part of my family that lives abroad. I was not able to go to my cousins weadding, nor to my uncles funeral. There's just no way to make up for that.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-11-2004, 08:57 AM   #3
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

:blink:
Quote:
learning 2 languages(french and english and spoked russian and czech too)
Czech? Are you kidding? :blink:

Linguists consider it most complicated language in europe together with finnish...
Old 27-11-2004, 09:01 AM   #4
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'm 17

I like:
-Having wonderful, hardworking, parents who have always been supportive.
-Making a lot of great friends over the years.
-My determination (like: technically I have dyscalculia, which prevents me from solving mathematical problems. But due to my determination I managed to get an 81% on the exams last year and a 100% at the first reportcard this year... without the help of tutors)
-Being fluent in Dutch, English, French and Hebrew aswell as being able to speak some German aswell.

I dislike/regret:
-The many tragic times me and my family went through
-Not being able to attend my grandaunt's funeral
-My own flaws, like being impatient and easily annoyed

My greatest frustration, however, is:
Overflowing with creativity, but not being able to actually create anything with it.
I tried painting and drawing... didn't work.
I tried computer based graphics (2d and 3d) but I can only create simple things in 2d and I can't progress with 3d because I don't have the money to buy any high-end programs like 3d studio max or Lighwave.
I tried writing, but by the time I finished writing my 700-page novel I grew to dislike my style of writing and decided to start over... I still haven't written one page. The ideas are there. I can imagine every scenario in my mind. Its the actual writing, putting the ideas on paper in a way that would please both me and the readers. That is very difficult.
Old 27-11-2004, 09:12 AM   #5
FreeFreddy

At the moment I'm 25. What I like most? Well, the times where I was young and was living in Tadshikistan yet. I had some friends back then and much freedom in the close yard of our very big, with many entrances, multi-family house. There were garages which we could climb all the time (which sometimes annoyed some people too ) and playing war with toy guns and all, and we climbed up to the attic where it was very hot during a summer.
Well, here in Germany I cannot recall much that I liked or that would be any important, with one exception. This exception is the time where I met Natalie, and especially the time after it now, where I found a girl who means very much for me.

There were quite some things in the past that I disliked and regreted. Sometimes I think on them to recall how bad it was and not to repeat those mistakes again.
One thing is there that I would like to tell about. Just to permit you to condemn me about it, as it was really bad thing that I commited.
When I was in Russia once (not in Tadshikistan, later when I lived in Germany already and visited my relatives there in Russia), in 1995 I think it was, I was walking around the outer areas of a town one day, on a widely open field with some forest places here and there. I spotted a hedgehog and wanted to hold it in the hands, as I generally like animals. As it saw me, it immediately rolled together and remained that when I took him. I absolutely wanted to see his face so I tried to unroll him, but he just rolled himself together even more then. While trying that, I stung myself on his needles. This made me so furious that I dropped the hedgehog to the soil and started to kick it, again and again, every time stronger. I didn't think, just kicked him. And when I came to senses, he didn't move anymore...
This is the most darkest mark in my memories of all others. And I still cannot forget it, as I commited a murder on a living being back then.

Old 27-11-2004, 09:20 AM   #6
Wael
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by FreeFreddy@Nov 27 2004, 10:12 AM
One thing is there that I would like to tell about. Just to permit you to condemn me about it, as it was really bad thing that I commited.
When I was in Russia once (not in Tadshikistan, later when I lived in Germany already and visited my relatives there in Russia), in 1995 I think it was, I was walking around the outer areas of a town one day, on a widely open field with some forest places here and there. I spotted a hedgehog and wanted to hold it in the hands, as I generally like animals. As it saw me, it immediately rolled together and remained that when I took him. I absolutely wanted to see his face so I tried to unroll him, but he just rolled himself together even more then. While trying that, I stung myself on his needles. This made me so furious that I dropped the hedgehog to the soil and started to kick it, again and again, every time stronger. I didn't think, just kicked him. And when I came to senses, he didn't move anymore...
This is the most darkest mark in my memories of all others. And I still cannot forget it, as I commited a murder on a living being back then.
As it seems that you have already condemned yourself,
and suffered continually from it.

I think none of us nomore have the need, nor the right to condemn you anymore.
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 27-11-2004, 09:30 AM   #7
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
STROGGY: -My determination (like: technically I have dyscalculia, which prevents me from solving mathematical problems. But due to my determination I managed to get an 81% on the exams last year and a 100% at the first reportcard this year... without the help of tutors)
That's impresive!

Quote:
STROGGY: My greatest frustration, however, is:
Overflowing with creativity, but not being able to actually create anything with it.
I tried painting and drawing... didn't work.
I tried computer based graphics (2d and 3d) but I can only create simple things in 2d and I can't progress with 3d because I don't have the money to buy any high-end programs like 3d studio max or Lighwave.
I tried writing, but by the time I finished writing my 700-page novel I grew to dislike my style of writing and decided to start over... I still haven't written one page. The ideas are there. I can imagine every scenario in my mind. Its the actual writing, putting the ideas on paper in a way that would please both me and the readers. That is very difficult.
I know just what you mean. My longer works are never good enough - so I started writing short stories (from 1/2 to 5 pages). Works much better and I had some succes with them - performed 12 times all over the country.

Quote:
FREDDY: I had some friends back then and much freedom in the close yard of our very big, with many entrances, multi-family house. There were garages which we could climb all the time (which sometimes annoyed some people too ) and playing war with toy guns and all, and we climbed up to the attic where it was very hot during a summer.
Ah the found childhood memories. No tree was ever just a tree - it was always a begining of a quest - eiter a castle - a look out point - a pirate ship - even a space ship... Climbing on other people's garages was always great fun too!

Quote:
FREDDY: I spotted a hedgehog and wanted to hold it in the hands, as I generally like animals. As it saw me, it immediately rolled together and remained that when I took him. I absolutely wanted to see his face so I tried to unroll him, but he just rolled himself together even more then. While trying that, I stung myself on his needles. This made me so furious that I dropped the hedgehog to the soil and started to kick it, again and again, every time stronger. I didn't think, just kicked him. And when I came to senses, he didn't move anymore...
As long as you're not proud of it and know that it was wrong...
This is just basical case of temporary insanity, but it proves your a good man Freddy. You should try and forgive yourself - you had the best intentions and you maybe had a bad day or something...
I remember when once I ran over a cat with my car. Wasn't intentional...
I stopped when the cat ran over the road and just started driving on, but the cat turned on the other side and jumped back on the road again - strait under my wheels. There was nothing I could do.
So as long you haven't done it on purpose and you really regret it I think you really should forgive yourself.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-11-2004, 09:34 AM   #8
FreeFreddy

The thing is - I did it on purpose, unlike in your case. That's why it's so bad. I could think on it first and control myself, but I didn't.

Old 27-11-2004, 09:34 AM   #9
Maerlyn
Abandonia nerd

Im 20

I like that i am street smart, can think for myself and am imaginative.

I regret the things i did when i was on the street, i regret ever being on the street, but i am thankful that i know alot more about it than most people my age. I am also glad i am done with that stuff now.

I love my mum, she is the best to me.
I love my older sister who has had similer experiences to me.
I love my cat who is always there.

I hate my dad who influenced me with his gang relations.
I hate my dad for leaving my mum.

I have no idea what i want to do for the rest of my life, but i am confidant that i will get somewhere eventually.

That is kind of my experiences - just found it easier to write them that way.
Maerlyn is offline                         Send a private message to Maerlyn
Old 27-11-2004, 10:12 AM   #10
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Thanks for sharing Maerlyn, and glad to hear the part you regret is behind you. k:
Closed Thread