Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2020, 08:05 PM   #13
florianix
Abandonia nerd

I hope there will be only very few people left who still think its just a better version of the flu.

In fact this is more comparable to the spanish flu 1918-1920 (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish_flu).

The Corona virus *mostly* kills old people, but younger people are NOT invincible either.

And only real assh***s would think "hey, I'm young enough so it will not affect me - why should I give a shit about others?".
That would be worse than older people saying "Hey, I'm old - why should I give a shit about global warming?".

We are on lockdown in bavaria since yesterday, and most people now understood that without such measures there are only a few days left before we would for sure get into a situation like they have in parts of Italy now.

And most countries have a health system where this is happening much easier than here (approx 27 or so intensive care beds/respirators per 100k inhabitants).
Everything above that value will lead to a situation where people can't be treated any more and will have to be sorted out to die (read what a "Triage" means).

I'm especially surprised that several comments above are from members located in countries where the capacity of the health system is only a fraction of that (I checked two of those countries and read about values of less than 2 beds/100k.

Thats nothing less than a (temporary) loss of our civil society.

To understand this only requires basic mathematical understanding/common sense.
I hope people stop posting this uninformed nonsense.
This is dangerous and will lead other misinformed people to act silly and cost lives in the end.

This is the first time I'm actually happy that this forum is almost dead so that there won't be many people will be misguided by stupid posts.

Last edited by florianix; 22-03-2020 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Typo
florianix is offline                         Send a private message to florianix