View Single Post
Old 19-07-2009, 09:28 PM   #5
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
Yes at the time when Sebatianos joined the site it certainly was in the changes. Though at the time it was still kind of a holding together "family" from a time before that, but piece for piece it was falling apart the more members were joining.
There came a time when ESA dealt a big strike on Abandonia, somewhere around 2004 I think, which in turn resulted many games that were previously freely downloadable to become removed from the download option and made the site appear being much shrunken. At that day it seemed pretty grim for Abandonia as I remember, but it grew up even much better after that anyway.

Stroggy is in fact one of the very oldest members of the site who still remained here, but many left in the times already long ago. There've been Puffin (who changed her nick many times to a different one) who was held for a boy at first, and Kiddiarni who both joined long time ago, the latter one spamming many threads with a dancing banana smiley while the rules for spamming weren't that strict yet. Due to some arguments with the founder of the site, Kosta, Kiddiarni was banned for the first time and few times more later after which he didn't return anymore. Kind of lost a piece of the forum after that...
Tom Henrik later made a dancing brown apple or something like that smiley during the times when he experimented with pixel painting, but it wasn't used as much, hardly fitting somewhere due to a bit big size.
There was also Wendymaree who was a great reviewer and uploader for many games for quite some time before certain events on the site made her slowly retreat from the forum. She visited occasionally still after that but now she's all but long gone.
so biased