View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #194
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well guys, I wasn't really gone completely. After 1000th game mega update i stopped reviewing. Actually, I remember reviewing Rastan and Artura since I had idea of making another mega update (I guess I'm nothing better but a showman ) and I probably will during the summer.
Anyway, after those 2 reviews, I tried writing for 3 new ones and there was a real lack of creativity. I simply can't write short and simple reviews somehow... Day for a new and better abandonia was closing and I talked with Kosta about some things and ideas. We all expected much from this new abandonia. So, step by step, I created some sort of vision for new and hopefully the best search engine for games on the net. I defined the tags that should be used and divided all those tags into some groups that should be easy for users to understand and Kosta liked it. So I kept myself busy for weeks going through EVERY GAME ON THE SITE defining those tags for each and every game and making an archive file for everything. Eventually, job was finished but, unfortunally, new abandonia lacked support for any advanced search and it seems that it will stay that way There simply was no time to be created. Well, I still keep my files about that, maybe one day...

After that I remained mostly quit waiting for this studentis thing to be solved. I was checking forum to see what's going on on that matter... Now I was very happy to see that site can function again... well, with some changes and then this fighting happened. I was really sad to see that and I remained silent about it, not wanting to take any sides.

All in all, I'm not leaving abandonia. I don't want to care about who's in charge or something. I was here primary because of my love for old games, because they gave me so much fun and this reviewing is also fun. And abandonia is really the best abw site on the net. So, in next few months, i'm still not sure will i do any review. I got lot to do and when i come home i just wanna relax and waste some time on the net. I was thinking to start adding info about games in the abw list, just to be useful a bit

I'll be around guys, maybe not always seen, but around...
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river