View Single Post
Old 26-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #2
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

In my news it said;
He was found dead along with his wife and kid.
The police suspect murder and then suecide..................

Sorry, but will not share any tears over a murderer.

Quote:
Originally posted by CNN.com
Wrestler found dead at metro Atlanta home

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (CNN) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, Nancy, and their seven-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead Monday at their metro Atlanta home, according to Fayette County authorities.

"We're viewing it at the moment as a murder-suicide," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard. "The sheriff's office has already very thoroughly investigated and, with the crime lab, will continue to investigate and I'm quite confident, in a few days, we'll have a lot more answers than we have right now."

Benoit's employer, the WWE, called the sheriff's department after the wrestler missed two appointments over the weekend, including a pay-per-view event in Houston.

The WWE mourned Benoit, 40, on its Web site, hailing him as one of the great champions of professional wrestling.

"The sports-entertainment world has truly suffered a loss with his passing, as one of the all-time greats was taken well before his time."

Nicknamed the "Rabid Wolverine," the native of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, held various individual and tag-team titles during his 22-year wrestling career.

In his biography on the WWE Web site, Benoit is quoted as saying: "Wrestling has consumed my life ... It's my mistress, my passion. It defines a lot of who I am as a person."

Lt. Tommy Pope of the Fayette County Sheriffs Office said preliminary autopsy results are expected Tuesday afternoon, with toxicology results due on Wednesday. (Posted 12:20 a.m.)