View Single Post
Old 20-03-2006, 07:09 AM   #18
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

I dunno why everyone is so excited about this game. It's basically Morowind with bling-bling graphics and some bad things from Morrowind corrected (and surely some new ones).

I play a game, because it either has innovative gameplay or a really good story. So far, I don't know of either in Oblivion. I didn't really check though, when I heard half of my class going fanboy over the game I already had enough.

Well, for the gameplay: It really won't differ that much from Morrowind and although Morrowing had some great ideas, it was boring like hell. Walking from one town to another could've taken you a week. I hope they made the walking speed faster. And beside that flaw the game had nothing more to offer than every other "Dungeon Crawler" (what I mean are first-person RPGs).

As for the story: I've played Morrowind for a long time and besides the intro, I never caught a glimpse of the main story. :/

So, either Oblivion will be really good considering the story (I don't have many hopes for the gameplay) or it will get a "no-go" from me.

And before anyone starts arguing with me:
It's just my opinion. Other than various people around here, I'm tolerant towards other ideas and don't want everyone to have specifically my opinion.

If however someone wants to convince me, that Oblivion is indeed great, go ahead.
Just don't go "Oblivion is great! You're teh sucks!!". I won't really take that as a reason :P
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy