View Single Post
Old 29-01-2012, 06:18 AM   #117
janegro
Exclamation Another thing you should do is remove Video_3DFx.dll from the game folder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineDK View Post
Well, as said, the two dll errors are normal if you don't have an old Voodoo and/or SGL card installed.

As for the third error, I never encountered it, but maybe it's due to current invalid vidcard settings. Below are my settings as found in config.ned, Turok's configuration text file located in the DATA folder. If you like, replace the contents of your config.ned with what's quoted below and try again.

Code:
Acclaim\Turok\Video3Dfx\Filtering 1
Acclaim\Turok\Video3Dfx\Screen^tint 1
Acclaim\Turok\Video3Dfx\Ignore^VBlank 0
Acclaim\Turok\Video3Dfx\320^x^240 0
Acclaim\Turok\Video3Dfx\512^x^384 0
Acclaim\Turok\Video3Dfx\640^x^480 1
Acclaim\Turok\Video3Dfx\800^x^600 0
Acclaim\Turok\Driver Primary Display Driver (Direct3D)
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\Filtering 1
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\Screen^tint 1
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\Mipmapping 1
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\Fog 1
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\Fancy^Plant 1
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\Filtered^Plants 1
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\Render^Overlap 1
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\Full^Sky 1
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\320^x^240 0
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\512^x^384 0
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\640^x^480 0
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\800^x^600 1
Acclaim\Turok\VideoD3D\3D^Card *Unknown card -- Select from list below
[/b]
Thanks for the advice, but it didnīt help, so I have to say this I love the game, but sadly the game canīt be run on my pc but thanks for the help [/quote]

Another thing you should do is remove Video_3DFx.dll from the game folder if you don't have a 3dfx graphics card. Then the game will ask you what graphics card you use. Choosing an old Nvidia card is good if you use any Nvidia card. Turok will work on my GTX 460 when I choose Nvidia Riva 128. It is because of good backwards compatibility. It probably is the same for ATI cards too!