View Single Post
Old 20-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #206
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Or likeRPGCodex.net.

For some reason I actually like the game, but I got it from GoG for free when they uploaded all three fallouts. I still bashing my head not picking fallout 2 too, or all three at once (all were free).

With all its faults (maybe even a bit FOR its faults) I like to return to it, although the replay value is diminishing visibly each time.
The only thing left is actually doing the thing with a legit melee build. I confess I even started it after my last post.

Here is my character after the first mission (though guy mode included):

Farsight was removed for next mission, PipBoy is recruited. I only need my party for non-combat purposes (lockpick, steal, medical stuff, mule).

Perks planned:
lvl 3: -
lvl 6: silent running + hit the deck
lvl 9: -
lvl 12: lifegiver + lifegiver
lvl 15: bonus HtH attacks
lvl 18: bonus HtH damage
lvl 21: better criticals
lvl24: slayer
Although maybe more HtH damage might be a better choice instead of silent running and better criticals.

Also, I accept advices on the use of drugs.

Intermission:
Went hunting special encounters. Got the four merchant-one, brahmin poker, and PipBoy. The FoT-worldmap out there gives the locations well at least for though guy mode, where only after 6 encounters they start to randomise.
I usually play solo with supermutant main, and the 6th special is therefor brahmin armor, not PipBoy. Unfortunately muties are slow and their armor-progress is bad, ghouls' stats are problematic, and deathclaw just lacks armor in general

Oh, I play in CTB, and Normal Difficulty.

Freeport:
I chose to skip Silent Running and Better Ciriticals this time (which of course makes my 6PE obsolate, but whatever, I might decide later picking that up). If I fail because of that (Silent Running can only be relevant during the supermutants) I'll use archive save. Oh, be sure to only save after removing all armor, because of the bug which can reset your AC and resistance to basic when save&reload.

Had to restart the misision once because one of the raiders ran away and alarmed the whole base, and it was uncomfortable.
Took an Afterburner Gum at the start to prevent that raider running away again.

Stitch patched me up once, and I used an AK47 improvised to blow up the still (because exp). Could have send in PipBoy, but nah.
I remember from my test-run (with a slayer-from-getgo character, check above) that at a point healing becomes scarce with this character, that's why I'm noting. Although there might have been the problem I did all my medicing (and with 60% or less first aid you keep failing and injuring yourself).

And for Bunker Alfa's last mission Rock falls:

For starter I consumed an Afterburner Gum and a Buffout, and after trimming the sides and storming the main gate (the AK-guys open it! They like to run around either way) took a voodoo too. This is an old combo of mine, and it works.

Ok, had to restart 2 times. For the first go I got unconscious on the top of the fence around the inner bunker, and right after that at the start of the next try got winded and I just couldn't bother.
For the 3rd go I used up like a whole first aid kit (got bandaged), and once even needed doctor.
To unlock the safe Stitch got 40% lockpick plus 2 set of tools.
Stole Tiduk's sister's voodoos by myself, and before moving I made Stitch steal from the elders and scribes all the super stimpacks and small energy cells with 80% steal.