Thread: TienKhoaNguyen
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 09:46 PM   #184
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Hi Tien, Abandonia doesn't publish homebrew games, only games that were commercial back in their time.

However the forums are very good to share any games you make. You can link to cloud storage which is easy to get for free nowadays.

You could give a try at programming for modern systems such as Windows, you would be surprised that it's actually easier than DOS, although what you've learned will always be valuable. There are many free resources and tutorials on the Internet so you don't even need to buy expensive books. Nowadays usually you can use some framework which is much easier to learn than low-level DOS programming, and many even allow you to program for different systems (Windows, Linux, mobile) with the same code.
Thank you Mr. Japo for your quick and kind reply to a lowly beggar. Wait did I say beggar? Change that to quick think of something. Think. I guess so.

Anyways I've only been studying DOS seriously for the last 4 years. So I only know DOS and I'm sad that there is no outlet for it. The problem is there are so many good DOS programs out there. When I look at my collections of small number of DOS programs and games I see it is loaded up to the 500+ megabytes full of amazing contents. Those games published back in 1900's really make a great impression and the professionals have proven themselves to be worthy of marketing for the money.
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen