View Single Post
Old 21-08-2009, 04:18 AM   #18
red_avatar
Administrator

Okay. I guess I'll need to sift through these.

Quote:
you could take one game - any game - you were part of the development of and remake it for modern age, which game would that be?
Considering he's remade Pirates!, Colonization, Civilization half a dozen times & Railroad Tycoon, I think we already got his answer.

I've also reworded most questions so if you don't see yours immediately, look closer .

How about sending him the following questions:

- You entered the games industry during its budding years, when genres were still undefined and when, I imagine, it was a lot harder to use the limited hardware to make proper and fun games. Which era did you prefer: the modern era with its current technology, or the era of the early 80's?

- This year, you've been a games designer for 25 years. Looking back at your carreer, is there anything you'd really want to change?

- During the earlier years of your career you made several games that are still considered classics today: Pirates!, Civilization, Railroad Tycoon, etc. Did you, at the time, expect at all that these games were going to be as successful as they turned out to be?

- You've made a great deal of games during your carreer but which game are you least happy with how it turned out and why? (not in respect to sales but in respect to how fun it was to play)

- And, to go to the other end of the spectrum: if you ended up stranded on an uninhabited island with a laptop and a single game of yours, which game would you want that to bed?

- There's been a lot of discussions concerning DRM (Digital Rights Management) and how it puts gamers off buying games. What is your own view on DRM and other intrusive protection methods?

- With the skyhigh development costs for games these days, a lot of smaller developers now start out by making indie games or mods to prove themselves and to get noticed by the big developers. Do you feel that the industry is harder to get into than it was, say, 20 years ago?

- How do you feel about the many ('abandonware') sites that seek to preserve and focus on classic games? And does it surprise you to see so many people still wanting to play 20+ year old games?

- Is there any game that you wish you had been the one to come up with?

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar