View Single Post
Old 16-06-2017, 01:08 AM   #313
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

I liked to play Warcraft because it was similar to Dune II and both had great BGM.

Although I have played Warcraft II, I almost can not remember the details (Elves, Dwarves, ships, flying units, etc.).

There are two missions that I remember well because I used cunning to defeat my enemies (Orcs) in Campaign Mode:

01) One of the Missions was in a Cave where I was to eliminate a powerful Orc Sorcerer who had the ability to summon powerful Demons.

The first time I played this Mission, I faced the Demon (2 times!) entrenched in the ruins with the Knights as defense and attack, the Ranged Attack from Archers and Catapults.

The next time, I did something very simple. As soon as the Sorcerer detected me, at the beginning of the Mission, for the entrance to the Cave was near his hiding place, he summoned several Spiders. I stood still and approached the Archers and Knights near where the Wizard stood. The Sorcerer attacked my Units with very powerful Spells. The Priests healed the wounded Units and the Archers continued to attack him. The Wizard, instead of invoking the Devil, continued to invoke the weak Spiders until he died. Perhaps because he continued to attack my Knights, the Sorcerer could not summon the Demon. I then went to explore the Cave and eliminated any Spiders and enemies on the way. I did not have to face the mighty Demon. Phew! Whew!

02) Another Mission was to destroy the Orc Base. Because they could summon Demons, I used the Forest as my shield and positioned the various Catapults for Ranged Attack. The Enemies (including Demons) detected the Catapults but could not attack them while being mercilessly attacked by Catapults. While the Water Elementals resisted up to 2 Catapult attacks, I believe the Demons resist up to 3 Catapult attacks.

Last edited by Mystvan; 22-06-2017 at 01:48 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan