View Single Post
Old 29-07-2011, 07:28 PM   #54
Chew64
Default It had great potential but...

An opening screen shows the credits, including the playtesters. I would have been embarrassed to have had my name included. There are too many bugs and too many poorly tested actions.

You can't shoot torpedoes when the weather is rough??? WTF? Were the crews afraid it would damage the torpedoes???

CVs start off with 12 aircraft and there is no way to restock them, even sending the CV in for repairs will not restock them. But then I stumbled upon this: when not in battle mode, have a CV launch one aircraft at a time at an enemy TF. Due to a bug in the game the CV thinks 11 aircraft were launched. When the CV is ready to attack again you will have 11 + 12 - number of aircraft shot down. Assuming no aircraft were shot down you will have 23 aircraft ready for the next attack. Launch one aircraft again. You will have 45 aircraft for the next attack. After you get over about 110 aircraft another bug will not allow you to launch aircraft. I sank three battlecruisers with one CV doing this, just for sh!ts and giggles.

Playing the British I send out the Sheffield class cruisers (33 knots, 12 x 6" guns) and intercept and shadow the enemy. Just as it starts to get dark I overtake the Germans by 1 knot. The battle will start anywhere with the ships a few hundred yards to a few thousand yards away from each other, depending how dark it was. After the first salvo I shift to narrow targeting. I have sank the Bismarck in 50 seconds. The German lookouts only go out to look once an hour, I guess.