View Single Post
Old 11-08-2013, 06:26 AM   #577
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
So you installed virtual XP to emulate Windows XP to emulate Windows 98 to emulate DOS.
Each emulation process looses quality and stability so it's no surprise that you have trouble playing.

Why not emulate directly ?

DOSBox is a great program which runs MS-DOS and Might and Magic World of Xeen almost perfectly (even better than my old PC did). And while you're at it you might as well want to install Might and Magic 3 too, it's a great game which plays very similar to WoX.

First
my polite
- Guten Morgen, Kmonster.
Hope You rest nice.
-
..To be fair i did not know that emulation from one emulated OS to another (in my case from XP to W 98) looses quality and stability.
It is new for me.

Hmm.. i have 2 PC.
The first 32-bit with W 7 Pro has 3 GB RAM and nice video card.
Index 5.9.
(My PC adviser told me i did mistake using 32-bit version. If i have 64-bit version i may add some more 3 GB RAM chip..)
2 OS:
W 7 Pro.
W XP Pro, emulated by Oracle Virtual box.

The second PC is for emergency case, located in my hall. 1 GB RAM, 256 MB video card. Both PC connected with Home Network. I bored the wall between both rooms and used cable connection.
3 OS:
W 7 Ultimate.
XP Pro - normal installation.
Win 98 emulated by Windows 2007 Emulator or like - forget the name, sry.

Ja, i know the DosBos is very nice program. But in my case - M&M 5 when i tried to install and start MM5 my installation reached to
- Now you have choose installation from floppy disks:-
1.A
2.B

????
The result is,yes, kaput.

That's why i used my W 98 in the second PC. This way i try to avoid Floppy installation, because W 98 allows direct start of MM5 without DosBox.
(How i started before 4 years MM5, stupid me? Dont remember!!)

OK.
I am able to create emulated W 98 direct from W 7 in my first PC and use for MM3 and MM5.
Oh, i need fast results against Capo, who has 195 passed games till i, sob sob.. 83 only.
He is real gaming machine, Mama mia..
My GOD,
please, destroy his PC, virus it with bad viruses to have some time to overcome..
Grazie!

May i very politely ask You what games after MM3,4,5 do You passed?
Danke.

yoga83