View Single Post
Old 21-01-2009, 07:15 PM   #38
sgtboat
Resident Redneck

Default I disagree

I apparently like many of the nerds here, was picked on alot in school as well. In the 10th grade I was 4foot 8 and weighed 90 pounds. I got physically and emotionally abused constantly I tried all the stuff yall have mentioned.
Tell an authority figure.......No that just gets you marked as a Narc (tattler) and increases the abuse.
Take it.....They will never stop. Statistics show that over 65% of bullies end up serving time for violent crimes as juveniles and/or adults. They never stop... Never If you turn the other cheek they hit that one as well.
Outsmart them. Can work if you are mean enough. Ususally they just hit you harder for using words they dont understand.

fight them. I found this to reduce the abuse the best. Sorry to all you peacenicks, but it dont apply here. Children can be the most vicious and spiteful creatures on Earth. Even if you LOSE you still gain respect. You must stand up to the bullies. As I usta say even if I lose They are gonna know I was there. I didnt fight fair either. I kicked, bit, poked, anything I could do to cause PAIN to them. I lost more than I won but I earned respect from the bullies. Once they learned I would always stand up for myself they found easier prey to pick on. Its no fun to pick on someone that fights back.

Learn how to insult people. Later in my years I was able to reduce some bullies to tears, simply by finding out about their home life (which is usually bad) and then using the facts I found in public insults. The truth hurts quite a bit.
There was this one guy in the mid 80's who just would not stop, he was huge and dumb. So I had a friend find me a bag of MJ and I planted it in his locker and called the cops. Short story he was charged as an adult and served 3-5 in the state Pen. Never bothered me again.

I do not allow anyone to pour abuse on myself or those I love. I would rather get beat up while standing up for myself than get beat up while running.

Last thing if you are not as mean as me or are a pacifist.
ACT CRAZY. I mean twitchy, anxious, talk to imaginary friends, ETC...
Bullies leave crazy people alone because they are scared of the Crazy.

You have alot of differing opinions here, including mine, The reality is what worked for us may not work for you. But Fact is Fact A Bully will bully you until he thinks its not fun or not worth it. You need to cause that feeling somehow in your tormenters. But as Kenny Rogers said in the song "coward of the county" Sometimes you do have to fight to be a man.

Good luck and we are with you in spirit.

PS. Find someone really big and make friends with them. They are great at keeping bullies away.

GO ARMY BEAT NAVY
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."-George Orwell
"The price of freedom is the blood of Patriots"-Thomas Paine
Support You're Countries Veterans
:akimbo:
sgtboat is offline                         Send a private message to sgtboat