View Single Post
Old 15-01-2009, 04:05 PM   #8
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

punch999, that does not apply to most schools I've seen.

I'd say you're on the right path, but I'd definitely do more than just take it easy. I was bullied when I was younger, and I got through with a big smile and a sense of humour. That, and I kneeled a huge guy in the nuts for insulting my mother. He respected me after that, and we're pretty much buddies now.

That fact led me to realize something: Most of the people that bullied me back then are my friends now. It's quite simple, really. You take a few decent kids with no friends, put them in a room together, then you put one puny little weakling in the middle. Those decent kids know exactly what they have to do to get the other decent kids to respect them: pick on the little guy.

I was the little guy, and these people were only human. After a year, they'd all gotten to know each other and everyone got along just fine. No bullying necessary anymore, people knew how much you were worth.

In your case, it might not be over after just a year, but keep in mind that all these bullies are doing is trying to hide their own insecurity and get the respect they so deeply desire.
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder