Thread: Keywords
View Single Post
Old 20-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #3
Flop
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Kosta@Mar 20 2005, 12:18 PM
Could you be more specific as to what the "keyword feature" is?
They call them themes at HOTU. It's basically just a different way of categorizing games. Usually games are categorized as adventure, strategy, sports, etc. as is the case on this site. By using these themes they'll be categorized as sci-fi, fantasy, whodunnit, post apocalyptic, and so on. It's important to note that these categories shouldn't replace the existing ones, but merely supplement them.

That way a game like Space Hulk would be sci-fi strategy game and a game like Colonels Bequest would be a whodunnit adventure. You get the idea.

I'm not saying it should be done excactly as HOTU does it, but it is a good idea, that would help people find excactly the game they feel like playing, or at least narrow it down.

As I said it's not very important right now, but the more games this site makes available the more time you have to spend browsing through all the adventure games, for instance, to find the ones that appeal to you, and I believe a system like this would help making that easier.
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop