View Single Post
Old 23-07-2010, 04:17 PM   #10
Malik

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anony View Post
Any chance you could post step-by-step instructions on how to get SM1 & 2 working?
The dosbox method is mentioned above. To repeat,

1. Have your Wing Commander I game installed first, preferably in it's default folder. (Preferably, but not necessarily.)

2. If you're using dosbox and have the Secret Missions 1 in a folder, mount that folder as above, replacing the SM1 folder with your own, if different from the above . You can place the SM1 files in any folder you like. If you have the SM1 files placed in C:\SM1 folder, for example,
type "mount A C:\SM1"

3. After successfully mounting the folder, you can run the install program.

4. Point the install program to where your Wing Commander I is installed. (The install program will ask you to identify where WC is installed. If your WC is installed in C:\WING, for example, point to that directory.)

5. After installation completes, you can load the SM1 from within the main Wing Commander game - wing.exe.

6. Repeat the steps above for SM2. But for SM2, if I remember correctly, it has it's own executable. Meaning that you should load it's program file. Maybe SM2.exe. ( - Forgotten..)

Summary & Example :

1. WC installed in C:\program files\dosbox\WC\WING
2. SM1 installed in C:\program files\dosbox\WC\SM1
3. type mount a c:\program files\dosbox\wc\sm1
4. type a: and press [ENTER]
5. type install

Then load up wing.exe and you can see a new "Play Secret Missions" option in the main screen.

Another method is to copy the sm1 files to a floppy disk and install directly from the disk. You still have to mount the real floppy drive as the floppy drive in dosbox.

All these mounting stuff will be much easier if you're using a dosbox frontend.
Malik is offline                         Send a private message to Malik