View Single Post
Old 17-05-2009, 03:57 PM   #1
hultsfred

Default Wing Commander Secret Missions

I've managed to get hold of the two add-on packs for the original Wing Commander game, but I'm having a little difficulty installing the things.

I'm attempting to run the install .exe through DOSbox, but I hit a wall when the program asks me to insert my original Wing Commander disk 7 into drive D, presumably for copy protection reasons.

This is a problem for two reasons;
Reason one - I don't have a disk 7
Reason two - the D on my computer, like most computers these days, is a CD drive, and the install program doesn't give you the option to select which drive you'll load from.

I can think of one possible solution, but I'm not savvy enough with the DOSbox program to carry it out without instruction, and I don't know if it would work anyway. Presumably there is a way to mount "D drive" (as far as DOSbox is concerned) as another folder within my computer. If we can do that, then all that needs be done is to copy whatever data is on disk 7 to that new mounted drive and run the install. Although, as I said, I'd need to get that data off of somebody.

Is this feasible? Or is there a better solution?

Wing Commander by itself, incidentally, is running fine through DOSbox.
hultsfred is offline                         Send a private message to hultsfred