View Single Post
Old 09-07-2018, 01:58 PM   #289
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Except you live in a misconception-world.

1) BoI is an amateur level proto-version of the complete game. Afterbirth+ is the complete, finished product.

2) I don't know what you played, but there are only 5 stages in story mode, and I guess 1 stage for Greedey mode. There is no "level 10". Especialy that the character does not level up.

2) a) There's also they fact that even at Stage 1 you constantly run into 10enemy headspawn smell rooms, or lirger but full or rocks room with large amount of shooting enemies, or even vortexes. Not fun.

2) b) sry, I can't distinguish "piece of shit", "slightly bigger piece of shit", "burning slightly bigger piece of shit" and "burining slightly biggerpiece of shit wihich spawns a mini-shit when it dies" or "burining slightly biggerpiece of shit wihich spawns a mini-shit which shoots when it dies". They are for my eyes/mind 1 enemy. Even Mortal Kombat had the decency to add different colours to its ninjas.

3) In-game encyclopedia worth shit. It calls things "wassis", "whachamacalling" "thing", "thingy", "stuff" and so on. Not helping.
A REAL Encyclopedia gives ingame functions and stats. This is garbage. It is actualy scary some gamer tries to defend this habbit.

Btw, I've seen no shields. Seen no effect from perma-items, and 2:3 couldn't figure out what effect-items do (probably nothing).

4) Fact is,your weapon does not get improved. You have a chance, through items, to get some effect on your weapon (like twice rapid shooting for half the damage - thankyou oh-so-much you piece of shit for nothing), but it does not get better just because you advance in the game.

5) "I can remember time-limited hero transformation, free lives, free tarot card, randomized teleportation, bombs..."

Fuck your "transformation" (skin change, not even permanent), fuck your useless bomb, either case not seen any from 50 runs. My items made the screen purple, and little hearts floated from the enemy, which otherwise acted the same way, held up a vortex-sign for 0.5 second with no avail, and other entirely useless things, if at all anything.

"Tarot is very useful, actually - if you know what cards do." - but the game does not tell you. Perfect sign of holding a shitty game.

Oh, and fuck your store. Avarage I get 1 coin per stage, differing between 0-3. Items in the shop cost 1 key (always trouble to find any), and at least 5, at worst - as far as I can tell - 25 coins. The entire place is useless, and likely contians some shitty machine I tend to accidently bump into, taking my coins and hearts. Fuck them. Of course they give back nothing. Ever. What did I expect.

"Actually, if you unlocked different characters," - you get even less hearts! I unlocked 2 characters, and they are entirely garbage. All stats are weaker than Isaac, and their "special" is worthless.

roguelike = unfinished piece of shit, avoid like plague

PS: I saw 1,and only 1 "roguelike" which was playable - then they deleted its wiki. That point on it's like playing Super Pitfall, or Milon's Secret Castle. And those are shit.