View Single Post
Old 29-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #7
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
It is an online multiplayer game. The demo features only humans, the full game had two races and the second was a demon-like savage humanoid concentrating on melee.
Does it have a single-player mode (a tutorial mode maybe)? if yes, can it be considered a campaign or anything like that?
The demo description only mentions two maps.

Many demo versions of strategy games (both RTS and TBS) have some sort of extended playability or another, like the option to play randomly generated skirmish maps (e.g. the demo versions of Age of Mythology and Rise of Nations), but this is different from demo or shareware releases that offer a single-player storyline that is packed into a complete episode (by "complete" I mean it has all the distinctive components of a plot).

Curiously, I also vaguely remember some demo of a game that would only allow to play as one of the possible races or factions, which I found more appealing than the other(s). I can't quite remember what that game is though.