View Single Post
Old 15-10-2017, 04:40 PM   #21
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville View Post
I got rid of most of my CD-ROM games... I still keep a plastic case with a few of them, mostly Apogee budget editions plus some "classics" such as "TekWar" and "Lamborghini".

Ironically, what I don't "keep" anymore is my CD / DVD drive. It still resides in my PC tower, but I had to use its cables for another harddrive so it's pretty much useless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tienkhoanguyen View Post
Just a suggestion and my own personally point of view. You should install a flip switch for your power cable to your hard drive and use the second hard drive for a backup. The reason for the flip switch is so that you can turn off the power to the backup drive in an instant. Once that is done you can run all your softwares without fear of the backup being lost too.
Neville Longbottom , I would have suggestions on the solutions I adopted for this problem:

• External Hard Drive: serve as backup and have portability. The disadvantages would be the material susceptible to falls, slowness and the possibility of data loss in a blackout and theft case.

• Storing data in the cloud as Dropbox. It is great, you can access it anywhere in the world without having to carry it, the secure data on Dropbox servers, 2-step access security. The disadvantages would be the cost of the service, paid monthly or annually, data loss (very rare occurrence) on Dropbox servers.

My brother and I compared storage services in the cloud and Dropbox is the big winner. OneDrive does not have all the options and sync quality of Dropbox. Unfortunately, neither OneDrive nor Google Drive are match for Dropbox.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan