View Single Post
Old 15-03-2024, 03:02 PM   #584
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default The Secret of Monkey Island

Oh, pal.
Don't start with this one, although most of the conent is solveable with some experience. Even the occasional quicktime events.
I wonder if the troll would eat you though...

Anyway, there are some dialogue-options that'd warant some replayability, but on the other hand there are some points that can yout your adventure short.
Before that though, I will complain for the placement of the sword-trainer. I'd switch his location with Meathook, so the flow of the story does not get an abrupt halt.
Now the first real problem is getting that fish. The solution: repeated action.
Repeated action gets real horrible though with Monkey Island's monkey. 5 bananas for no reason. There's no marker that that's enough. No indication what to do with it now.
I could complain about the cannibals, but with some adventure-game instinct you'll realise you just have to try everything on them to get through with them, so I don't.
But I complain for the monkey.

Herman's cannon's location could also have had a better marker. Definitely in the Remastered version, I just played for the first time. Aside for the voices, it's inferior to the classic interface and graphic.