View Single Post
Old 17-10-2016, 01:06 AM   #12
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by spamalot View Post
the program i used (CDburnerXP) proposed mdf/mds files which can contain more than 1 track. so i did that and made a 1:1 copy (=> 661MB). when mounting those files (with winCDemu 4.1 since virtual clonedrive can't mount mdf/mds) i don't see the audio-tracks with windows media player (win10 x64) so i guess the audio tracks are not ripped correctly.
Actually, MDF/MDS is most advanced copy method, so they _must_ be copied. My (German) image is made by Nero Burning Rom though, in NRG format, that can contain extra audio tracks too. Question! Can you see audio with the WMP when _original_ disk inserted?

Also, for the most straightforward procedure, I recommend Daemon Tools Lite. It can make MDF/MDS files, and can mount images seamlessly.
Quote:
the already known "insert cd" msg pops up every few seconds until i deactivated "music" in the upper windows-options. the SFX is played fine but the game is without music.
Strange. So audio part seems missing really, at least for the game... Again - maybe it's the fault of winCDemu 4.1? Try DT Lite, please?

Quote:
edit: got a package now with 104MB. it contains win3.11 and WV2. found the english text in the folders and it seems the whole game is in english! yay!
"My" image (already on site) have .eng files, but game doesn't recognize it, so I propose to rename .eng to .ger. Is your game the same?