View Single Post
Old 16-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #29
DarkMatter

I loved Dune 2000. In fact I'm playing it at the moment.
I'm on mission 7 playing as the Atreides, my favorite house. I love their Sonic Tanks.
I also like the Harkonen Devistator (is that the right spelling???) and I like playing them as well. Later on in the game I always like to take over an Atreides Heavy Factory so I can have Sonic Tanks as well.
I never liked playing the Ordos. To me they are a fairly campy House, and I was never impressed with their Deviator.
A few years back I was able to download a sound file extractor for the game. I now have some of the sounds as Windows sounds.
The same program would allow you to insert your own sounds. So instead of the Fremmen saying, "It is done", I tried to get them to say, "I'll bury those cockaroaches", from Tony Montana of Scarface. But unfortunately I could never get it to work properly. It always came out sounding at a speed of 500 miles an hour, and you couldn't make sense of what was being said.
I also downloaded an editor to edit your vehicles, buildings, troops etc. I was able to make the Sonic Tanks move from the bottom to the top of the map in just a few seconds. I could also make them invincible, as well as fire as fast as a machine gun. The things I used to do when I was bored.
Anyone else got a favorite weapon???
Regards,
DarkMatter
DarkMatter is offline                         Send a private message to DarkMatter