View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 07:09 PM   #65
dmartensson
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
Could you ask your bro why he didn't read the "get it" icon as '9et it' icon?
It's the same letter font they used, but none ever asks what the '9et' stands for, seems as when they can download there isn't a problem to understand it.

No pun intended, just a thought.........
Hi, just want to add my comment.

I also read this as no 90.

I have been playing around with computers since 81 and seen more fonts than I care to remember.

Why did I not realize it was no go?

Because this was my first visit to this site and the first game I looked at so I had no previous experience where the download button should be. The icon does not look like a regular download button, more like som age recommendation mark.

I read no, not as no in not, but no in number: Number 90.

I figured this as some kind of categorization.

I even looked in the forum but did not find any heading that looked related so I asked google and found this thread.

I have puzzled together what it means but I have still not found a link to this esa or any page clearly explaining that this means.

My tip is to clarify the icon to read No download, ESA protected game.

Then make it a link to a page that clearly explains what ESA is and why you don't offer download.

Basic usability will not solve all cases but some.

For the rest of us first time visitors it would save a lot of time and irritation. Instead of spending 5 minutes trying to find out why I don't have a download button I could go look for another game that does.

I would probably not have stayed on the site had I not looked up another game and found a download button.
dmartensson is offline                         Send a private message to dmartensson