View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 09:07 PM   #138
tristanzz
Forum hobbit

This post is old, but I'm interested in hearing about some plots too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanshilar View Post
Has anyone gone through and looked at how the plots worked? I know that there's one that gets you an additional rating point in each of the categories (the "Etienne the spy" one) but I don't know if there are other "good" plots out there.
I remember some from when I was plodding along building castles after conquering every territory.

The plot dealing with civil unrest and corruption can bring some points in. I think I remember that when you choose to fight corrupt judges, you gain an admin point and lose a political point (vice versa if you side with the nobility instead). Could be useful, since the admin points are harder to achieve than political points owing to merchant tasks.

Arinseult the philosopher brings in a point if you recruit him. I think it's admin.

If you drive away all the bees, you get happiness points. I think you need to "send for the bee charmer," or something. This could be great early on. Spending a couple gold to get happiness is far better than having to run the task.

I can't remember exactly what material rewards you get when you diffuse a situation between your troops and their girls, but in one of the possible endings you get laid

Is there a really bad plot? Mercurato and the search for the kingdom of Prester John. Don't bother. The thing lasts over a year and during that time you will be steadily sending out commodities and troops. Once everything's assembled, I believe there are three possible endings depending on where you choose to investigate. In one your whole expedition gets whiped out, in another, you get a rather dinky number of troops all your troubles, and the happy ending gives you something like 10 of each commodity and multiple military points. But it isn't worth it. You can put all the expenses to better, earlier use at home.
tristanzz is offline                         Send a private message to tristanzz