Thread: Enemy Nations
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 05:25 AM   #8
gildedgirth
Abandonia nerd

Man, Terra Nova rocked. Its definitely one of Looking Glass's overlooked classics. I've raved about that game to all my friends at the time but no one bought it but me. At the time it was so cool playing a FPS game and control your squadmates.

Looking Glass was such a great and innovative company with games like the System Shock series and did some amazing stuff never done before in games. I remember back in college, a boyfriend of this girl I knew told me he was graduating and moving to Boston to work for Looking Glass. He was hired as the artist for System Shock and at the time I didn't believe him when he said it was going to be better than Doom. I thought he was full of BS at the time.

Later during the year, he came back in town to visit his girl and he brought the beta version of System Shock for me, but I was so caught up with school at the time, I never dropped by my friend's house to pick it up. I thought, mistakenly, that System Shock would just be an ok game since I've never heard of Looking Glass the company. Man...what I dope I was, and to think I might have had a chance to work for them too as I was pretty good with graphics as well. Ofcourse, a year later the game comes out and it gets rave reviews and now is a cult classic.

gildedgirth is offline                         Send a private message to gildedgirth