View Single Post
Old 11-02-2011, 05:42 AM   #17
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
You are still missing the point Red. Why does a low score for a game you like upset you? It doesn't affect the game or if they will make another (that is normally based on sales and the people who like the game will buy it no matter what) and reviewers scores are normally the ones that developers care about not users.
YOU are missing the point big time Darth. If the scores are useless, why have them in the first place? And many people rely on user scores more than on professional reviews so they can send the wrong signal.

Quote:
There will always be good games that slip through the mass media nonsense and be hidden gems normally due to the marketing department for that game relying on word of mouth to sell their games. You will always find loud people making a big deal about how bad a game is and they are often very loud making them seem to be more then they really are.
Once again just confirming what I said: that these scores are useless.

Quote:
Also can you please give me a current game that has had this low voting from people who don't like the genre lower it's game score amd on what site. You suggest that games that aren't CoD or MoH or their ilk get bashed all the time. However from my experience this is not the case, even indie games with new and odd concepts tend to get pretty good user scores.
Metacritic is the best source for this - but isn't Abandonia good enough an example for you? There's hundreds of examples - seems pointless to spend effort finding them when it's so obvious.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar