View Single Post
Old 26-02-2008, 06:20 PM   #20
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

A few years earlier I started to write a story based on (read: not really fan fiction, just similar to) Freelancer, the game. I had the plot roughly lined out, I had interesting characters and I had a universe. I did not copy the Freelancer world, insted I just took a few pointers, added a dash of Star Trek and a whole lot of own imagination. It started out alright, and I had so many ideas, but my biggest flaw reached me. I inteded it as a novel, which is fine, but when I reached the 50th page in the writing and my heroes were still on the starting space station debating the journey ahead, I gave up. I've been long known as a person who talks too much...um...writes too much, I'm not very talkative in person, but still. I had problems with the timing, and I was detailing every second, every action and every noteworthy sight into oblivion. A few of my friends read it, and they told me it is awesome, and they demanded more, but I turned them down. I didn't like what I wrote, there was just too much detail. Was I wrong to quit writing?
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh