View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
an "old school RPG"?

It's very light on content, no idea on the title, the world, the setting...

Even then, they most mention Wizardry, Ultima and Anachronox - three games/series which have relatively little in common.

Without more solid details, I'm not sure I can back them too highly, and I think they'll struggle to make the money.
From what they say it seems to refer this genre:
- all background data (including plot, wolrd description, anything) will be in the manual instead in the game
- it will look/work like Might and Magic 1-5.
- it will be also full of bugs, as Ultima, Wizardry, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Morrowind was.
- it will be "no plot" (aka. "free roaming") game, like Oblivion or Fallout 3. Yes, there will be a "main story", but it will not excell from the other, and will even be dwarfed by some "side" quest, which will be mostly generic anyway.
- the look will be (based on some character-graphic) like Fallout3, and the system will be overly complicated) based on the few pictures).

Lastly: to take them seriously we'd need the "money bar" on their official pages (facebook & twitter).