View Single Post
Old 04-09-2013, 09:17 PM   #1
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Default Hmm... Abandonia policies

So why is it limited to 300 MB? That's enough for the older stuff, but some of the newer CD-ROM DOS stuff, especially movie games, could very well be over it.

Is this a limit to what you can do with the server you use?
What about this-- host 2 300 MB downloads, or even 3.

I would rather sort through 3 download buttons than download a game without the movies. If it doesn't have the movies, then it's not really preserving it for future generations, is it? Plus, old DOS game cutscenes are some of my favorite parts of those games...

I know nothing about the Abandonia hosting, so these are just absent minded suggestions...

While I'm here, I'll just ask another quick question... How come when a game is on Amazon, sold by someone else, but fulfilled by amazon, Abandonia doesn't host it.

I find problems with this.

1. Abuse & I'm sure many other games are still being sold on Amazon (I'm American so when I say that I mean .com)

2. If a game is not still being manufactured, that would mean any copies Amazon is selling are Second-hand, therefor, even if it is fulfilled by Amazon, that's just someone else partnering to bring Second-Hand, possibly new second-hand, copies to the market. (The game I am talking about is Breach 3)

3. If this philosophy some have about games on Amazon is truly correct, then Abuse should be taken off the site immediately, along with numerous other popular DOS games.

If anyone cares to look into any of this, or to slap me in the face, here's the MobyGames Info and Amazon Page:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/breach-3

http://www.amazon.com/Breach-3-PC-CD...s=breach+3+dos

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ