Thread: Checkers
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #7
Necromagus
Forum hobbit

Well, to use the self-extracting .exe found on that site, you'll need to change its name to something like streetinstall.exe so that it won't skip adding the game's .exe, and you'll need to download vb300.dll. Still, the version I've found isn't perfect. For some reason I can play normally, but when I save a game and restore it later the game reverts back to randomly generated maps. I'm still working on a way to fix this.

~Edit: Also fixed that problem. Appearantly the archive required a default.stg as well as a default .stg file. The second file was also missing in the selfextracting archive. The game appearantly automatically generated that file as a 0kb file that appeared to be completely empty in notepad. I solved the problem by copying the file without the space in the filename and adding the missing ' '.

So I now have a completely hassle-free and functioning version of the game. My offer to repackage, screenshot and review it, as well as any other Windows 3.1 games for this site still stands.
Necromagus is offline                         Send a private message to Necromagus