Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Then we agree?
Nope.
:bleh:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Why recommending a different thing for XP then, in a folder shared for all users, needing admin rights to work?
I don't know how many peeps with a compy you know, but I know a lot those, and a lot with kids.
Whilst in XP it was unusual to create several accounts for the kids, it's common to do so on Vista. Even more, on Vista the kids usually have a restricted account, not much more then a 'guest' account with the accordingly (non) permissions.
Darn, I even know several dads with so called 'admin' rights , -or so they think- , with pretty restricted accounts after all.
The levels of permissions under Vista are much more detailed then under XP .... and the write access permissions of dosbox depends after all of the permissions of the said user.
To conclude:
Easiest in Vista is to use c:\users\your name\blabla\,
this simply avoids all kinds of troubles.....

But if you want to write a 20 pages long 'basic' Vista how to that covers all the possibilities, be my guest, but be assured: you will needlessly complicate things for beginners, and probably for the not-so-beginners.
It will be an elaborate and huge how to.

The basic how to I wrote will certainly suffice for most beginners, works surely for 100%, and those who know a bit more of how Vista works, they don't need a how to.

That's how I see it, if you see things otherwise, go ahead, be my guest.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider