View Single Post
Old 24-04-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
SpiDoL
Game Wizzard

Default The New Mortal Kombat

Since no one's bothered to make a thread about this game yet, I'll do the honors...

I bought this game the day it came out (Tuesday, April 19th), after I got out of work. This was the fourth game that I bought on release date, the other three being LEGO Star Wars II, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Tekken 6 (which was a HORRENDOUS disappointment IMO). I could not control myself in the hours before the big purchase, I was never this excited for a new game before in my life. When I did buy the game, I got the classic Sub-Zero model from MK1 with it because I bought it from Best Buy. Gamestop gave you Scorpion's MK1 model, and Amazon gave you Reptile's.

Now, after five days of playing the game, if I were to sum it up in one word, it would be:
DOMINATION!!!
Yes, it's that awesome.

The game has all your favorite characters from the original three games and Ultimate MK3.

25 immediately playable characters:
Baraka
Cyrax
Ermac
Jade
Jax
Johnny Cage
Kabal
Kano
Kitana
Kung Lao
Liu Kang
Mileena
Nightwolf
Noob Saibot
Raiden
Reptile
Scorpion
Sektor
Shang Tsung
Sheeva
Sindel
Smoke
Sonya
Stryker
Sub-Zero

2 secret characters

and the PS3 exclusive character, Kratos (from God of War)
Goro, Kintaro, and Shao Kahn are unplayable boss characters.

Several stages from the original games are back along with a few new stages. Every character has 2 fatalities each (some have 3 because of their classic costumes), and a babality. A lot of stages have fatalities as well.

There are a ton of play modes in this game:
Arcade Ladder (1-Player or 2-Player Co-op)
Vs. (1-on-1 or 2-on-2 Tag)(2-4 Players)
Test Your Luck (like Vs. but with wacky alterations)
Training (Tutorial, Fatality Tutorial, Practice)

There are three mini-games:
Test Your Might (the classic mini-game from MK1)
Test Your Sight (a mini-game from MK Deadly Alliance)
Test Your Strike (a brand new mini-game)

Story Mode and Challenge Tower are virtually half the game (The other half being what I mentioned above and Online Play, which I can't really explain right now because Playstation Network's been down for days).

The Story of the game is by far the most deep and complex of the series, and one of the best storylines ever in a fighting game.
Story Mode Details

Challenge Tower is where you do up to 300 objective-based fights.

Winning in the game earns you money to purchase unlockables in the Krypt. You can also go to the Nekropolis to view your unlocked content and stats for each character.

Overall, this is truly a fantastic game, worthy of the honor that the originals which the game is based on achieved. It also easily blows the last few MK games that were made out of the bloodmarsh. Play it as soon as you can!

That's the details of the game in a nutshell and my opinion on it. Now what do you have to say about it?

Last edited by SpiDoL; 25-04-2011 at 07:14 PM.
SpiDoL is offline                         Send a private message to SpiDoL