View Single Post
Old 29-04-2005, 05:29 PM   #23
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

I voted for new games.Why?
I think that games evolve....There still coming out original and great that of which will my generation remember as "classic".Most people forget that there were DOZENS of non-original crap games that just copied everything from "classics" in the "good old times"...There are now forgotten as will be forgotten most of todays "ah so good commercial 1000 and 1 clone games"...The only difference is that now,there is greater amount of these games...
And about hundred and thousands good original and perfect old games in the past and just few good original games in present?
a)The 80ties and early 90ties, was beginning of game era,so almost every third idea was new,original and revolutionary...Now it is more(and "more" is VERY weak word) difficult to get some originality in the game...
b)80-90 were 20 year decade.And there is just 5 year decade from 2000+.Of course that there is more good older games that new ones!Just give it time...
I wont stop playing my favorite oldies. The time has tested which games are really worth to play and finish.But I will still buy,play and like new games becouse I am sure that after another 10 years there will be lot of them that will honourosly bear the title "classic"

EDIT:My first post was little plain and stupid so I editet it now
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard