View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 07:22 AM   #2

When in DOSbox:
I cannot get the text boxes to play at a rational reading speed. Even though I've tried lowering the cpu cycles, but I have to do it to such an extent that the walking speed of the character becomes unbareably slow (and I mean unbearable, because I so desperately want to play this game because I only ever got to touch it once when it first came out - that I have got alot of paitence ) Also, it ends up so low that I'm terrified my pc will just grind to a halt

There also tends to be lots of fatal bugs, that provide no error messages either before or after I get kicked out of the game. This doesn't happen quite so frequently when I play the game purely through windows (I use xp by the way) but of course when I play it (or try to at least) that waythe speed of the text is like the speed of light... And oddly enough the character animation speed is choppy and sluggish...

In a way I'm not so surprised that I'm having these problems, because I seem to recall this game and a few other of Sierra's "last gasp" releases being horribly buggy, but seeing as technology has marched forward I figured patches or something might be available.

Anyways - If anyone has any ideas I would be so eternally grateful, and would consider you and your childeren to come forever blessed