View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 02:18 PM   #34
KrazeeXXL
BORG

I can't say much about the Corsair PSU. I browsed through a review of it and it seems to be reliable. Well, it's a Corsair after all and they usually offer good quality. But before buying anything I just can recommend you to read some reviews of the product yourself.

The Geforce Gtx 560ti is a good choice. You can't do anything wrong with it. I've just seen a battlefield 3 review and Geforce cards run very good with this game.
The 650 Corsair PSU should also be sufficient to power everything.

Now the only potential problem you might run into is a bottleneck because of your dual-core CPU. So, in the near future you might think about a cpu-upgrade as well.

edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halindir
On the pictures of the GTX 560Ti it looks like it needs 2 cables with six holes in each, to be connected...my current PSU only has one of these..Im not even sure what those are called. The Corsair one im looking at has two of these (Called 6+2 pin, don't know if thats the right ones)
Yep, you need 2 x 6 pins to power the GTX 560ti. PSU's provide those 6+2 pins so they can supply either 6 pin connections like the GTX 560ti has or 8 pin connections (6+2) some other cards have.

Last edited by KrazeeXXL; 06-11-2011 at 10:48 PM.
KrazeeXXL is offline                         Send a private message to KrazeeXXL