View Single Post
Old 28-08-2004, 08:00 AM   #1
Guybrush
Forum hobbit

I was lucky enough to come across an old CD of Zak McKracken a few years ago at a yard sale. There was no case and it was kind of worn and scratched but it only cost me a dollar so I figured why not. When I got it home however I discovered that it was for a game console called the FM Towns. I was disappointed but kept it anyway. Then along came a project called ScummVM and I was finally able to try it out. I have played the floppy version for the PC and I was amazed at how much better the quality was on the FM Towns port. The graphics were so much better, so I decided to see if there were any other LucasArts games ported to this console. Turns out there are several including one of my favorites Indiana Jones & The Fate of Atlantis. So on to the question; has anyone played any of these others, and are the improvements to them just as good as with Zak? I've been watching eBay for copies but so far no luck. I was also curious as to whether anyone had played any of the Macintosh ports of these games in ScummVM. Are they better than the PC versions? If so I may look for copies of them also.

--->> Poland Poland Speedway Fans... <<---

Jason Crump Speedway World Champion 2004

The coolest game on earth!! - NHL
Guybrush is offline                         Send a private message to Guybrush