View Single Post
Old 12-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #23
Sociopathic

Sadly, I never played the original game, but the rehash, The Mighty Eighth, had me (yet again) wasting hours upon hours. Back in that day, I had to upgrade my RAM just to play it because it was so graphics heavy it bogged my poor CPU like mad. Bloody great game.

I spent so many hours in sim time that I could manually start all the engines, taxi and take off (having a separate throttle helps!). I don't know what it was like in the first issue of the game, of course, but in Mighty 8th, you could jump to other planes. It was a blast suddenly jumping into the cockpit of a Messerschmit Me-109 that was attacking your bomber group and giving the Germans a hand. Or even shooting down your "fellow" Germans to increase the odds for your bomber group :thumbs:

One thing I had to laugh at though, was how your crew members would administer "first aid" to each other, which was comprised of watching one crew member shake and slap the other. Priceless lulz.

Dang... Now I'm gonna have to dig that old gem out and reinstall it thanks to this thread :notrust:
Sociopathic is offline                         Send a private message to Sociopathic