View Single Post
Old 27-06-2006, 09:04 PM   #26
plix
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Blood-Pigggy @ Jun 27 2006, 06:31 AM) [snapback]239926[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Wow.
You just went nuts. Good man, real good.[/b]
What's your deal? You seem to pop up every so often and make some baseless remark about how I'm being inconsiderate or an idiot and, in doing so, add nothing to the conversation. Then you'll hang around and defend yourself by saying things like "you just went nuts."

It's *dirty word* irritating. It's also pointless and borderline trolling.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SupSuper @ Jun 27 2006, 01:05 PM) [snapback]239986[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I used EffectiveBrand because it was the only free-toolbar-making-thingy that I found lying around, plus it's easy to maintain and outputs for both IE and Firefox. If you're that worried, don't use it, make your own if you want.

If you can find me a guide for making a Firefox addon / IE toolbar, I'll have a look.[/b]
Firefox addons/extensions aren't terribly complicated: they're just XUL + JavaScript. XPI files are zip archives -- just like JAR files. Open up the Firefox version and, assuming that you've had some experience with XML and JavaScript it should be pretty easy to poke around and try things out. Mozilla.org has a wealth of information on both JavaScript and XUL.

As for IE extensions: I'm not terribly sure. I've never messed around with them at all.
plix is offline                         Send a private message to plix