View Single Post
Old 29-03-2019, 07:10 AM   #430
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Unhappy Swamp Attack (again)

I always wondered how such a perfectly Free To Play game can exist.
You can win everything (if you pass some frustrating early grinding) without paying anything, and it is fun, and nice, and even the play-limiting charges last a long time (especialy considering battery charges).
Mentioning battery: it doesn't drain it like a hungry vampire, and if it deplets, you don't loose your progress, or your entire game (Plants vs Zombies 2 had such problem...).

The problem of the game is, it can not be extended indefinitely, because it doesn't rely exclusively on random and consumables (stuff you pay for), and most of the updates always were just putting more armor on the attackers.

But the latest update rly started to turn things into True 'Free' To Play, aka. Pay To Win.
The newly introduced Challenge Levels are damn annoying, the newest consumable is way too rare to find normaly, and doesn't even help in agood portion of those levels.
The newest shop-items depend on the Challenge Levels where you can not use them, and I'm not even convinced of their usefulness.

Not to mention the storyline was thin already, but these cutsy new animal enemies are making it paperthin. It can be they are the result of the ufos and the mad scientist's combined effort, but I'd need something substantial for this aside the bosses, pls.