Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post

Those keys no longer enable safe mode in Windows 10:

https://www.digitalcitizen.life/4-wa...ode-windows-10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post

Apparently F8 doesn't work since Windows 8 *in practice* when you have a fast hard drive, because it boots too fast, even though the key hadn't been removed from Windows. They say it happens specially if you have an SSD and UEFI, but for me F8 wouldn't work no matter how many times I tried, and I have a 10-year old PC with a rotary HDD.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/b8/...n-ever-before/

In short, if you want to enter safe mode, try F8. If it doesn't work, don't wait for it to boot and press Ctrl+Alt+Supr. Try again, and if F8 fails three times and you interrupt booting with Ctrl+Alt+Supr every time, Windows will then give you a boot menu where you can choose Safe Mode -- guessing that there's something wrong, the same if the user or a PC problem interrupted booting three times in a row.

Re:update advanced options, I see the same as you, including the "delivery optimization" and so. I just cropped it :-)
I installed (or upgraded) Windows 10 Pro from my old Windows 7 “Ultimate”. I am not even a bit sorry to downgrade to Windows 7 “Ultimate”.

I’ve actually checked that the F5 and F8 keys for Safe Mode do not really work anymore. If I need to enable Safe Mode, I will follow your hints and links! (not Capo nor Paco !)

yoga , if your hardware was Desktop, it would be interesting to have multi-boot where Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 10 could coexist.

It is recommended that each operating system be installed on separate Hard Disks so that the Boot Menu (F12) is enough to select which Operating System to run.