View Single Post
Old 25-05-2012, 03:52 PM   #30
Japo
Autonomous human

I understand Redguard is more like an adventure or action adventure, with 3rd person perspective like Tomb Raider. It has to be interesting, I wonder if the story is as good as other TES games.

If I ever played a MMORPG it would probably be this one. I like the TES world very much, and I dislike WOW's one. But I don't think I will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
On a sidenote, 1.6 Skyrim patch is coming, and we will have *drumroll* mounted combat
This just shows you the reason why these games fall short of their potential: they're released too soon, at alpha stage before they've had the time to add all the features in the design. But it's understandable, they have to make money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Arena is very hard.???? I will politely disagree with You.
Well I found the Fortress of Ice very hard (and I'm playing a Nord), but the dungeons after that, including the Labyrinthion and the Elder Grove, are much easier!

What I have most problems with is enemies that use magic attacks, they do a lot of damage. But I do have a ring of Forcewall and the Necromancer's Amulet and the Ring of Phynaster (absorb spell, spell shield), so I'm prepared (but the protecting effects last for a limited time).

Quote:
Do You ever meet generated from nothing non stop Minions of Dungeon master 2? No safe place, nowhere. Every moment the hero may suffer from attacking minions. I never meet such a hard game, believe me.
Well that's exactly what happens in Arena. :P Enemies can spawn out of the blue at the point you were just stepping into, or the one you were at a tenth of a second ago. This was improved in Daggerfall, the game remembers what areas you have cleared out and it's more tactical. I like to rest by the stairs, so when enemies appear I can flee to the other floor and continue resting and so on.

I played Dungeon Master (1) a long ago and it was very good, even though I had to make my own maps. I didn't finish it. I think it's plain dungeon crawling what you seem to like best; Morrowind doesn't have a lot of it.