View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #15
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
There's a difference between an engine bug that you can't do anything against and purposefully putting skill points into skills you normally couldn't/shouldn't have. And yes, if you would use for instance the 3 caster bug of NWN2, you'd get kicked from most places. But to each his own, you carry on.
It is a problem of design between the two games, not an engine-bug. That (engine-bug) would be Fake Talk, or Everyone Can Have a Familiar.
But to each his own.

Onto more serious buisness:
After reaching the Temple of Baal I went on the left side inside. This way I could activate the battle, then run back and kill the mage appearing at the main enterance.
Then I went back up left, and let the archer chase me to a coloumn, so I could kill him melee, AND he healed me with his Arrows of Detonation.
Then I went up on the right, activated Sharevok, and made him chase me to the upper left corner, where I took down my armor, and hided in the shadows, and went back to fight Tazok.

After that win I could finally save the game.

Then I drew out bow and shread Sharevok to pieces with piercing arrows.

Voilá, I won. The battle against Sharevok is really missprogramed. He is unbeatable in melee, but pathetic against ranged attacks, mostly because boots of speed and oil of speed stack. There are great challenges in this part of the game, but Sharevok is not amongst them. Now I go and find out why my stats have to be rerolled in the stupid second part of the game. I didn't play the first game just to skip the alignment-choice, dammit! (And I'd be interrested how to be evil alignmented with this char as soon as possible to kill with turn undead!)

EDIT: Lol, the stats are only carried over if your pictures are copied with the savegame! (I use custom portraits)

stats at end of BG1 (+TotSC): 19/19/19/12/21/9
items carried over: Full Plate Mail +1, gauntlets of weapon expertise, helm of balduran, kiel's helmet, large shield +2, 2*ring of fire resistance, claw of kazgaroth, cloak of balduran, boots of speed, rogue stone, diamond, horn of kazgaroth, 9*potion of magic blocking, 3*scroll of magic protection, 3*scroll of protection from undead, golden girdle, cloak of the shield (planed to use against Sharevok, but got not used), long bow of marksmenship, 20*arrow of detonation, 20*arrow of piercing, ring of holiness, staff mace, golden pantaloon, violet potion.

Last edited by twillight; 08-05-2012 at 05:41 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight