View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #16
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Maybe you can do what I tried to do when I was a teenager but failed miserably due to lack of willpower (yeah, doesn't sounds very promising, does it?)? You could try getting a job that doesn't interfere with your studies (doesn't need to be a proper job, it could be doing odd jobs around for a couple of buck, I don't know if I am getting my point across well) and save to buy your own PC. That way, you will have all your right to lock it up and use it on your terms (well, except some general rules you could have at your home, like a limit on the quantity of hours per day you could be at it. I don't know, each family can have weird rules like this).

I don't know you, nor your family nor your situation in the cultural context of your country, but I could think this could help you in your situation and maybe your father will even support you for this (I have seen that parents tend to like their sons working hard to obtain what they want and not just waiting for it to be granted to them).

I hope my grasp of english let get my point across clearly. I don't know if this counsel will help you or not. But I think it may. Do with it as you wish.
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia