Thread: 1869
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:42 AM   #173
Tax advisor
Cool No Taxes

Have you ever imagined not to pay taxes. This is however the only i way i was
ever able to make profits.
Sure i may be a exploit in the game or just a loophole in the tax system.
Always before the end of the year sell all your ships, and no taxes will be claimed.
This way i also never have to repair a ship, just sell it and rebuy it in January, it might
be a bit of a loss with a new ship but as the ships get older it becomes quite cheaper
than to repair it.
As well with the crew, i set the captians order on hard, set down the payment a little, they will take it for a year until they are totaly exhausted, get rid of them and get a new fresh crew.
Also for example the tea run from Bombay, (build a warehouse there) i only buy the ship in begining of March, start exactly from the 17th when tea harvest is ready, straight to London(Always get the bonus) and back with Machines, Tools, Textiles. And sell the ship right away when in Bombay. Saves the payment of the crew for the not so lucrative months..

This way i come up to 200k the first 15 years. However i guess if you want to play a record breaking game you will miss the downtime of the ships between December and January (often longer) and canīt do some long runs.

Iīve seen some good advices for traiding routes and which ship to take in the forum, will try them without tax cheating, but when i want to get rid off a ship, most likely i will do it before the 30th of December to save taxes.

Canīt belive iīm still playing a game from 1992 in 2017, i guess the challenge of the game
to make any profit at all makes it so interessting to me.