View Single Post
Old 03-02-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
Hans Moleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post

Hi, mate,
Sorry, i completed Wizardry 6, 7 and 8 only.
If i am not wrong and my memory serves me well i have no any problem to transfer characters from early version, using the last save. But the advantages were some weapons only and i decided to play with new heroes.
May i very politely advise You to leave this trouble procedure, save Yr nerves and enjoyed the new game?
I like RPG very much and my completed games are about 96 targeting 100.
Good luck!!
Wizardry is nice series.
Hi,

thanks for the reply! Still, though, I'm not sure I followed. The suggestion was to use new characters in Wizardry II? Unfortunately that is not possible, the game is only playable with transferred characters, you cannot create new characters in it.

So that's why I was hoping someone could clarify which exact versions (downloads) of Wiz1/Wiz2 they have used (since, according to other topics in this forums, it does actually work).

Does anyone have the original CD of the Ultimate Wizardry Archives? Since I do know for sure that that worked (as I had that, way long ago, but sadly lost the CD). Not sure if that collection counts as abandonware.

Anyway, if someone has managed to get Knight of Diamonds working with abandonware downloads, please confirm which versions/downloads were used.

Thanks!